Chicken & Dumplings by Marcus Paslay
For the Stew
- 1 lbs. Shredded Chicken
- 2 Qt. Chicken Stock
- 1 can Beer (Rahr’s Blonde)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 Cup Onions (chopped)
- ¼ Cup Butter or any other fat you desire
- ¼ Cup AP flour
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 each Lemon
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large heavy-bottomed stock pot, sweat vegetables in the butter.
- Pour flour into the pot and stir until it absorbs all the fat.
- A little at a time, add in the beer stirring the whole time to evenly incorporate the flour mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer and spoon golf ball-size dollops of dumpling dough (see sub recipe below) into the stew.
- Place tight fitting lid on the pot and simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes until dumplings have cooked through.
- 1 lb. AP Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter (grated)
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add in grated butter
- Add buttermilk until desired consistency